BRANNGO Health Working Group
Welcome to the BRANNGO Health Working Group page !
As the BRANNGO Health Working Group Lead, I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Lisa Whitehouse-Foskett. Professionally, I am a Director of my Practice and a Podiatrist, specialising in Biomechanics, Gait Analysis, Prescriptive Orthotics, together with Chiropody. I started my business, a Private Clinic, some 23 years ago, after having worked in the NHS in a different capacity.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Podiatric Medicine. I am a member of a number of organisations, including the College of Podiatry and the Royal Society of Medicine. I am also an Honorary Member of the Nepalese Doctors Association (UK).
I have been connected with, and have been working in, Nepal since 2004.
• 2nd July 2021: Covid-19 update:
• Health in Nepal:
Within this page, you will find current Nepal health-related topics. The page is open to members and non-members, and I welcome you all to the page. My team and I will be posting information relating to many topics, as well as updates on Webinars, both informative and educational.
• 4th June 2021 Health Working Group:
Material from our 4th June Working Group meeting is held online, divided into the following sections (click on the titles to access the material):
• 30th May Menstrual Education Webinar:
• Nepalese Doctors Association (UK)
Many thanks to Dr Donna Shrestha and Dr Prajwal Ghimire, Joint Secretaries, Nepalese Doctors Association (UK), for allowing us to share their 2020 Journal (54 pages) with our members. The Journal is extremely well worth reading as it contains many interesting articles and updates.
The Nepalese Doctors Association (UK) is a socio-professional and charitable organisation which ‘promotes and supports medical education and health improvement projects, through independent and collaborative efforts in the UK and Nepal’. If you would like to know more about the Nepalese Doctors Association (UK), or their Charity Wing, please take a look at their excellent website, or get in touch with Lisa.
• Covid-19 in Nepal
Click here to view a list of useful links to information about Covid-19 in Nepal.
Click here to view the Health Sector Emergency Response Plan (33 pages) produced by the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population in May 2020. (Thank you to Susan Hamblin of the Nestling Trust, and member of the BRANNGO Health Working Group Team, for sharing this document. The Nestling Trust supports programmes which ‘provide basic health care and health education to villagers in the remote areas of Nepal’).
• If you would like to be included on my BRANNGO Health Working Group email list, please send me your contact details using the form below. I would be happy to hear from Medical professionals in all areas of Medicine and health-related professions.
• If you are involved in SDG3 work (‘Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages’) in Nepal, and would like to know more about BRANNGO, please get in touch, again using the contact form below. Please also take a look at, like, and follow our informative BRANNGO Facebook page.