Covid-19 in Nepal – Useful Links
The following links are provided for general information: BRANNGO cannot vouch for the accuracy of the content.
If you have other links you would like to see posted here, please email email@example.com
- Nepal Government Health and Emergency Operations Centre portal: https://heoc.mohp.gov.np/. Contains situation reports on the pandemic in Nepal and other information about current policies for containing it.
- The US Embassy in Nepal maintains a concise summary of the current situation and the Nepal Government responses: https://np.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/
- British Government advice about travelling to Nepal is at: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/nepal
- The UK Charity Commission have issued advice at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-the-charity-sector. They also have a telephone helpline (0300 066 9197 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) for charities with an imminent deadline for annual returns and accounts filing.
- Specific information on UK Government funding of NGOs and charities is posted at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-the-charity-sector#government-financial-support-for-charities
- British Government (DFID) advice to suppliers is available in a download at: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/873276/PCD-Supplier-Comms-COVID-18March2020.pdf.
- The Glacier Trust has set up a forum for reporting on the situation in Nepal here: http://theglaciertrust.org/project-news/2020/3/18/latest-updates-on-covid-19-from-our-partners-in-nepal
- Philanthropia are providing a free course on ‘Fundraising in the time of Coronavirus’: https://philantropia.teachable.com/p/fundraising-in-the-time-of-the-coronavirus
- Ian McClintock maintains a list of coronavirus funders at: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/coronavirus-charity-funding-announcements-ian-mclintock/ which also points to several organisations offering tools and advice to help with financial management during the crisis.
- The Charity Tax Group have issued guidance for charity tax and finance professionals at: http://www.charitytaxgroup.org.uk/news-post/2020/coronavirus-information-hub-charity-tax-finance-professionals/
- Numerous organisations have set up crowdfunding initiatives or indicated that funds will be made available to mitigate the effect of Covid-19 on NGO operations. In relation to Nepal, some are: the Glacier Trust COVID-19 emergency response Crowdfunder at: crowdfunder.co.uk/soapandhope; Childreach Nepal fundraising for Hope for Children: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/covid19nepal and Partners for Progress raising money to keep its operations going: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/partnersforprogress?utm_term=2XgXJvk6d. (Crowdfunder is making use of its services free to charities during the pandemic).
- The Gurkha Welfare Trust has useful updates on the situation in Nepal and is also seeking donations to support its ongoing operations there: https://www.gwt.org.uk/news/breaking-news-covid-19-and-the-gurkha-welfare-trust?fbclid=IwAR30gyKAnJXu1UbDCzeiSq0uWMX2kXdRdhegacHvJF8iNMr_A1D_VzPGeF4#CovidNepal
- ALNAP has a dedicated portal with links to numerous resources related to managing humanitarian organisations during the pandemic: https://covid19.alnap.org/
- The Nepal Doctors Association UK has published advice in Nepali on how to get treatment for Covid-19 in the UK: https://www.ndauk.org.uk/covid19