BRANNGO Education Working Group
Welcome to the BRANNGO Education Working Group page !
John Matthews, the BRANNGO Education Working Group Lead, founded Children of the Mountain after visiting Ghorka in 2009. The charity aims to support the poorest children in rural and urban Nepal by providing them with opportunity through access to education and personal development.
The BRANNGO Education Working Group aims to foster co-operation between NGOs working to achieve SDG4 (‘Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all’) in Nepal, with the ambition of providing a comprehensive, measurable solution for government schools.
Members of the BRANNGO Education Working Group share information on the Education sector in Nepal (Government policy, global education NGO programs, implementation partners, local authority support); and intend to develop best practices for BRANNGO members (risk, governance, engagement, reporting) and BRANNGO member and partner schools (management, curriculum, resources, training, measurement), as well as translate their recommendations into actions.
Education in Nepal:
• BRANNGO Webinar: The Integrated Curriculum in Nepal
Tue 1 Sep 2020, 10:00am-11:30am Details for joining this Zoom session on ‘The Integrated Curriculum in Nepal’ are in the BRANNGO Members Events Calendar. If you are not a member and would like to attend, please request details through the BRANNGO ‘Contact Us’ page.
• OLE (Open Learning Exchange) Nepal Learning Resources
OLE Nepal is a social benefit organisation which aims to enhance education quality and access through the integration of technology in classrooms. Click here to see Issue 48 (April-June 2020) of the OLE Nepal Quarterly Newsletter, with links to online learning resources – including curriculum-based content for Grades 1-8, stories for early learners, storybooks for children, learning games for maths and science subjects – provided free in partnership with MOEST (Ministry of Education, Science and Technology).
• The Impact of Covid-19 in Nepal
Click below to view the webinar given by Babu Kaji (‘BK’) Shrestha and Dr Angela Daly to the BRANNGO Education Working Group on 18 July 2020:
• Babu Kaji (‘BK’) Shrestha, Founder and Director of GAN (Global Action Nepal), on ‘The Impact of Covid-19 on Education in Nepal’ (approx 40 minutes).
• Dr Angela Daly, a senior lecturer and researcher in Education Studies and Early Childhood Studies at the School of Education, Liverpool John Moores University, introducing her work on ‘Breaking the child labour cycle through education: issues and impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on children of in-country seasonal migrant workers in the brick kilns of Nepal’ (approx 20 minutes).
• BRANNGO Education Working Group: If you would like to be included on the BRANNGO Education Working Group email list, please send us your contact details via the Contact Us page. We would be happy to hear from Education professionals in all areas of Education and related professions.
• BRANNGO: If you are involved in SDG4 work in Nepal, and would like to know more about BRANNGO, please get in touch via the Contact Us page. Please also take a look at, like, and follow our informative BRANNGO Facebook page.